Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spinning in the Daffodils

In the past, I have registered my severe approval of the new Josh Homme-John Paul Jones-Dave Grohl band Them Crooked Vultures. You will even find on Rockaliser that I named their eponymous album the fourth best of the year. Elsewhere, it was basically ignored. My fascination with this band is so deep that, in typical loser fashion, I have been searching online for non-album tracks. One of their newest songs is called "Highway One":


This is a pretty good video with poor sound, but I chose to share it because a) it features John Paul Jones riffing it up on an electric mandolin (and basically carrying the entire song) and b) because I'm pretty sure I love the woman talking at the beginning of the video.

"John Paul Jones on the mandolin"--are there any prettier words in the English language?

If you want to see a video of them playing "Highway One" with fairly decent sound, go here. There's nothing else that sounds like this song, I guarantee you.

No comments:

Post a Comment